Project 52

This last year I came across a fabulous Mommy-photographer-DIYer-and all around great person that opened my eyes to the Project 52 idea. Thank you Shawna from styleberryblog. What a beautiful way to chronicle the year and share the feelings that only motherhood can open your soul to. I want my daughter to know what joy she brings into our lives and the lessons she teaches us. I don't want to miss one minute of it or let these sweet memories fade. This is for you Aubrey... My daughter, my joy, and my life.


StyleberryBlog , Paint the Moon, Lucas and Mahina



Sunday, September 16, 2012

52:37 | holding on tight


She's in our bed. Every night. She didn't start off that way. In fact, she slept in her own bed beautifully since she was born. Slept through the night by two weeks old. She might have done it sooner than that if I hadn't been so concerned with her nighttime feeding schedule. But now... She's cuddled up next to us (all over me) every night. It started with putting her in the bed to nurse her and just went from there. It didn't take long before she decided our bed was more appealing. It's not always the most comfortable but it feels so good. Cuddling up to her and hearing those baby sleep sighs...ahhh... melt me. It's incredible how one touch from Mommy, one whisper, can soothe and settle her. I love being that person. The one that makes anything and everything better. It's a powerful feeling. So yes, for now she's in our bed. Daddy is kicked to one side and Mommy to the other but it works for us. Kicks out of nowhere and her being so close you'd think she was attached but... She's only little once and the days are flying by faster than you can imagine. I'm going to soak them up. 

P.S. She's sideways in this photo. No surprise there.

No comments:

Post a Comment